VEHICLE AFTERCARE GUIDE
Vinyl Wraps & Graphics accepts no responsibility of the care of customers vehicles after it has left our premises, or any damages caused by the owners negligent aftercare procedures. It is the customers responsibility to ensure they look after the wrap and take all pre-cautions necessary to prolong the life and condition of the vinyl on their vehicle.
We recommend following these procedures for the best aftercare possible for your vehicle after being vinyl wrapped.
- WASH REGULARLY
– Wash whenever the car appears dirty. Allowing contaminants to remain on the vinyl may be more difficult to remove during cleaning
– Rinse off as much dirt and grit as possible with a spray of water
– Use a wet, non-abrasive detergent and a soft, clean cloth or sponge
– Rinse thoroughly with clean water
We DO NOT recommend using wax or other similar coatings on vinyl wraps.
- AUTOMATED CAR WASHES
– Vinyl wraps recommends hand washing for the safest outcome for your vinyl care
– Vehicles may be run through car washes at owners risk and Vinyl Wraps & Graphics does not accept any damages that may be caused as a result of owners doing so
– Use of brush car washes may cause dulling, scratching and lifting of edges on the graphics
- PRESSURE WASHING
Although hand washing is the recommended cleaning method, pressure washing may be used under these strict conditions at the vehicle owners risk:
– Ensure water pressure is kept below 2000 psi (14MPa)
– Keep water temperature below 180 degrees F (80 degrees C)
– Use a spray nozzle with a 40 degree wide angle spray pattern
– Keep the nozzle at least 1 foot (300mm) away from and at 90 degrees to the graphic
– Soften difficult contaminants such as bug splatter, bird droppings, tree sap and similar contaminants by soaking them for several minutes with hot, soapy water
– Spot clean the contaminants. Do not use rough scrubbing or abrasive tools which will scratch the film. Wash and rinse off all residue immediately.